Barnoon Hill, St. Ives, Saint Ives TR26 1AD
The Barbara Hepworth Museum was opened in 1976 by Hepworth’s family, following the wishes expressed in her will. The Museum has been owned and run by Tate since 1980. It contains the largest group of Hepworth’s works, permanently on display at Trewyn Studio and garden where she lived and worked from 1949 until her death in 1975.
The two exterior studios, used for carving and working in plaster for bronze, are currently the subject of an important conservation project by Tate conservators, to enable them to be preserved, enjoyed and re-interpreted for the future.